To borrow a quote from The Fellowship of the Ring film. 🙂 Well, for starters, here’s a list of random facts about me:
- I grew up reading. Reading anything I could get my hands on, and my parents never told me a book was too hard. Mature novels, such as The Scarlet Letter, were off-limits when I was in single digits, but if I wanted to read Ivanhoe at age 12? They let me go for it.
- Consequently, I struggle to decide what age groups my own stories are for. “Whoever wants to read them” is probably not what a publisher will want to hear.
- Though I’m a writer, I’m not a published one yet. Unless you count a letter I sent into Nature Friend magazine at age 9 or 10. 🙂
- I do not have a favorite actor. I do, however, have a favorite director: Christopher Nolan. His storytelling style is masterful, combining high-concept ideas with basic story techniques.
- I have drawn more pictures of Sydney Carton than any other literary character. He’s so vivid in my mind that I have to capture him on paper.
- I sometimes refer to myself in third person, e.g. if a family member says, “Christine can do that for you, if she doesn’t mind,” I will reply, “She doesn’t mind, but she’ll have to drop a project from her schedule; can she have some free time to finish the project this weekend?”
- Nothing gives me amnesia like writing facts about myself. Seriously, I’ve sat in front of my laptop for half-an-hour trying to think of an interesting list, and have now turned into Thor: “I am running out of things to say!”
But rest assured, more content will follow!